Adult Leaders and Scouts who are interested in becoming facilitators for the BSA Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience program a.k.a. Project COPE.
The Capitol Area Council has a ropes course on the Griffith Ranch Scout Reservation near Bastrop, Texas. The course has been in operation for since 2003 and we need help. Local area COPE Directors will conduct training for adult leaders, as well as for scouts over 16 years of age, to be qualified as facilitators for groups participating in the COPE program. Training will be conducted in two phases. One phase per weekend starting Friday at 7PM and continuing through mid-day Sunday.
Phase I is scheduled for Jan 27-28; Phase II is scheduled for Feb 17-19.
Each person who successfully completes the training will be qualified to work with a COPE director on the CAC COPE course. Course fee is $85 which covers food and course materials. The course is limited to 12 participants, so hurry and register at http://bsacac.org/training
Packing list for “camp COPE”
- Copy of Medical Form
- Personal Tent
- Sleeping Bag
- Personal Items: Hygiene and Grooming Items
- Bug Spray
- Sun Screen / Sunglasses
- Comfortable Clothes for Season
- Rain Gear
- Comfortable Shoes NOTE: Cross trainers or hiking boots recommended. No sandals or open-toed shoes are allowed on the COPE course.
- Flashlight/Camp Lantern
- 2”-3” Three ringed binder, Paper, Pen/Pencil (Phase II only)
- Camp Chair (recommended)
- Cot (optional)
- You don’t need a knife or any jewelry. Please leave these items at home.
Food, water, eating ware, water coolers, etc will be provided.